Saturday, January 12, 2013

Timeout is O.V.E.R.

This week I was struck down with the plague that everyone else seems to have. And when I say plague I mean the nasty cold and cough that doesn't seem to want to go away and is just annoying enough to take you out for a few days. 

For probably the first time in my life I followed the right path and fought the urge to workout. I put myself in timeout for 2 days. Drank lots of tea, got some rest, took the occasional cold & sinus drugs (although that didn't do anything). And what do you know? I was back in the saddle this morning. Was it a great workout? No. Was it awful? Not at all. Maybe taking it easy isn't such a bad idea. Better to learn late than never. 

The morning started out a brisk one - a whole 37 degrees out in Griffith Park. I had no feeling in my fingers and toes for most of the morning. Trying to brake going downhill proves a bit challenging when you have no feeling in your fingers. 

It was triple brick day - 6 mi bike/3 mi run. And...repeat 3 times. But in the midst of all that, we flatten everyone's tires as they're out running. Seems mean, sure. But it provides the coaches lots of pleasure and of course gives the 'pants great experience changing a tire under pressure. I made all 3 bikes and runs although not speedy. Took it slow as the cold air induced the lovely cough I have goin on, but just told myself to keep moving forward. 


Motto of the day.


Now on to an evening filled of TNT friends at the infamous Man v Bar fundraiser. First time being able to go and I'm not up to normal standards. So early night for me but it will be amusing for awhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment